Thursday, June 30, 2005

Aichi (World) Expo

Hmm...let me see what my final thought on this "world" expo was all about. How about not all it was cracked up to be. They've been advertising for this thing for ages, but Lisa and I were sooo disappointed. I swear if we had to pay our way there we'd be more than disappointed, we'd be pissed! It took like one hour to get to the expo site from Nagoya station. Sooo inconvenient. The lines were long and ridiculous. We were hot! It was sooo not international. There was nothing "worldly" about it. The only foreigners that I saw there were at the pavillions (not that they could control that). When they saw Lisa and I, it was as if they had seen a long lost family member. The poor homesick pavillions employees from various countries found some kind of kindredness (did I just make up a word?) in us. I really enjoyed talking to those that spoke English. We got the special treatment from the American pavillion workers. We met Daniel at the Mexican restaurant there and he let us get the VIP treatment. We got to play on the newest toys of the future. I already forgot what it's called, but it was fun riding on it. To top it all off, we got lost on the trains there, so we almost didn't catch the last train back to Kyoto. Argh! Well, enjoy the pix anyways. Well, the one good thing was that Lisa and I saw a lot of countries that we'd like to visit one day. The pavillions themselves were really set up nicely... ok, owari.

No comments: