Monday, October 09, 2006

Abraham's Wedding on the Beach

My friend, Abraham Zuniga, from high school in Miami, got married on September 29th. I came down from DC to see the wedding and my old friends (whom most I haven't seen since high school) and my mom. The last time I visited, it was over a year ago to Miami on my way to go to the Dominican Republic.

The wedding was Friday morning at the Eden Roc hotel and resort, but Michelle, Robert and I were 1/2 an hour late. We had to go against Michelle's heel breaking (so she had to borrow my flip-flops), rush hour traffic, and a bad accident on I-95. By the time we got there, all we saw was the bride, Sarah Chasser, and groom sign the marriage license. We weren't the only ones late though.

The reception was nice and the food was delicious. It was a buffet breakfast with all kinds of desserts and fruits. The DJ was pretty good. The bride's grandfather was this 80+ year old man who got up and danced everytime he got the chance. I danced a bit and caught up with some old friends. Abraham is a Miami Police Officer, so most of his guests were his fellow cop friends and their significant others.

After the reception, he invited the remaining guests up to the Lucille Ball and Dezi Arnez penthouse where he and his wife stayed until they went on their vacation. It was good getting to know some of his other friends, but ultimately it was time for me and my friends to party later that night... in Las Olas...

No comments: