Sunday, May 14, 2006

Paris

Paris was exactly what I expected: history around every corner, bad attitudes after speaking English, and great cafes.

Before leaving the States, I arranged for a rental apartment on Craig's List.com. The apartment was on Rue Amelie and it was only 10 minutes away from the Eiffel Tower, in fact, we could see the Eiffel Tower from the balcony as it was lit up at night. The Eiffel Tower would flash in a bright white lights for 10 minutes at every hour on the hour after dark.

Paris was great and I wouldn't spoil it by just writing about it, ask me and I'll tell you. I can tell you that we met some great people while we were there too. First, we met Djeneba and Wanja after searching for an internet cafe (just computers connected to the internet would've been just fine) at the American University in Paris. Djeneba was from the Ivory Coast and Wanja was from Kenya. They were so nice and we ended up getting Djeneba's contact info, so we ended up hanging out with her on Saturday. We also met Kenyatta, who was from New York City.

Well, please enjoy the pictures... there are tons of stories, but like I said, you have to listen to the stories....

No comments: