Thursday, February 09, 2006

Family and the Holidays

This past Christmas was pretty good. It was my first time back in the States for the holidays since coming back from Japan. I decided to stay in the Washington, DC area for Christmas with my dad's side of the family and NYC for New Year's with my grandfather's side of the family. I went to a Christmas Eve party at my Aunt Ivy's house and I had a good time. For New Year's, I met up with Nikkii (from Japan) and I went to this awesome New Year's Eve party in Brooklyn (see New Year's Resolution).

The holidays haven't been completely about family. Since Thanksgiving, I have since moved into a new apartment with my roommate/one of my best friends, Melissa, to Silver Spring. I LOVE this area. The downtown area is so beautiful and there's so much to do down here. Not to mention it's so convenient to DC. It's been hard trying to furnish the apartment though. We've been living here for two months and we have yet to furnish the living room. I think that it'll all come together by the end of February though. We'll be having a house warming then, so be on the lookout. I hope to have some pictures uploaded later.

No comments: