Friday, July 29, 2005

Saying Goodbye Part II--Heguri Junior High School

The teachers that were my friends all had a private party for us at this Italian restaurant in Nara City. It was fun. Many of them speak some pretty decent English. I got some great gifts. The English teachers got me this Japanese handpainted lacquer box, it's so beautiful. Tatsumi-sensei (white shirt) is a secret artist. She made this stained glass jewel box. She chose my favorite color too, lavendar, to decorate it. I got so many cute gifts from them. I will cherish them forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you a teacher at Heguri Chuugako? If so, that is interesting because I was the first AET at that school. My name is Christine, and I lived in Heguri from 1994-1997. Small world...

christine.kok@sympatico.ca